Winter is here officially! Snowmen come to mind when I think about winter. Since building snowmen is one of our favorite winter activities, we decided to create a craft version. It doesn't take much planning to create this adorable winter craft for kids, just by using basic shapes. This DIY Snowman fingerprint craft is super cute and easy for preschool and kindergarten kids to do by themselves.Do not miss to check out my 30+ Winter crafts for preschool
Mitten Math and Literacy
centers might just be what you have been looking
for your winter theme studies! My kids are totally love with Holidays around
the world crafts which I do with them every year in December and
January! Looking for cute and hands-on winter name crafts for kids? I've got you covered! Also check out my Snowman Math and Literacy centers which are super easy and a wonderful winter resource for your classroom. These name hats are super easy to make and come in auto-fill pdf format. It means you can generate 10 name hats in just one go! Isn't it super cool!
- White paper
- Any Colored construction paper
- Black paper for the face (could also use markers)
- 3 round objects to trace in different sizes
- Masking tape
- Blue and white paint
Do check out our Mega Growing Name HATS BUNDLE for whole year round! The WINTER BRAIN BREAKS are just too much fun for kids to be done in classrooms.
How to make Fingerprint Snowman:
- First cut out three circles from the colorful paper for this snowman project.
- I used bowls and masking tape to trace the circles of different sizes
- Cut out the circles
- It's time to make the craft with the kids after cutting out the Snowman shapes!
- To begin, the student should tape each of the three circles to the desired location on the paper, stacking them to resemble a snowman.
- We used pieces of rolled tape to hold down the circles. Doubled-sided tape would work well too.
- It's time to go painting now! Make fingerprints or thumbprints by dipping one finger into the paints.
- First carefully to dab fingerprints on the entire edge of the shape. The snowman's silhouette will become more clear as a result.
- After leaving a fingerprint around the snowman's edge, begin leaving sporadic prints all over the paper.
- For the eyes, mouth, and carrot-shaped nose, I used dry erase markers.
- Your snowman fingerprint artwork is now finished! How adorable!
Check out the video here:
check out Chinese new year crafts printable? If, not
do check them out as they are super fun and cool! I also have a great Digital Hibernation unit to offer for